There are 6 areas that are key to the success of any Relationship. There are 6 Timeless Principles that impact each of those areas. The Second is Vision. The Timeless Principle is this:
“Without Vision the Relationship will fail.”
Vision is one of the 4 key quadrants to the Relationship Wheel. It is the first after the essential Executive Sponsorship. Executive Sponsors must Cast Vision. Below is a summary of some of the key concepts the previous blogs have discussed:
- Vision differences:
- Partnership/Alliance require a Shared Vision
- Merger/Acquisition/Joint Venture require One Vision
- Create a Vision statement
- Use only one sentence or phrase.
- Do not compounded the Vision with words such as “and”, “or”, etc.
- There are 3 common Vision Casting problems
- Secret Visions (solve by involving team to take notes and having follow up calls)
- Different Visions (solve by simulcasting vision and writing down vision)
- Blinded Visions or “White Hot” Executive Sponsorship- (solve by involving the operating team early on)
For more detailed information on the Relationship Wheel and the 6 Timeless Principles, I have provided an e-book that can be purchased at this site. The book is titled “The Six Strand Weave…Transformational Relationships for Business and Non-Profits”